Thursday, March 4, 2010

Interview Story

photo.php.jpg


“Everyone understands body language!” Karina Haack responded when asked what she likes most about dancing. She has done messianic worship dancing for more than seven years. “It’s different than most, but it’s awesome.” Haack explained. “It’s got a little bit of everything because it’s not really categorized.”


Haack is a PSEO (Post-Secondary Enrollment Option) student at Anoka-Ramsey Community College. PSEO students take college courses that are paid for by the state in their junior and/or senior years of high school. In Haack’s case, she is a junior in high school hoping to get her Associate of Arts degree at ARCC before she graduates. In her free time, though, it is dancing and theater that is her passion.


“I love everything about dancing,” said Haack. She currently dances messianic worship for an organization called For His Name Sake. “I’m not on the team,” she explained, “but when they dance locally, I dance with them.” Haack also mentioned that For His Name Sake does performances around the world.


Haack has also been involved in theater. “I have played the main character in two plays and have been stage manager and various small parts,” she said. Her acting interests lie solely in theater, however. “I haven’t done film - it’s not really my style!” she said. “You don’t get the instant gratification you do on stage than on film.”


After finishing her Associate of Arts degree at ARCC, Haack plans to transfer to the University of Madison, Wisconsin where she will major in criminology and minor in literature or theater.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Josh, I thought you ended your story well and the emphasis on her dancing was clear. I would have liked to know WHERE she dances, so I could come and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Josh, I enjoyed reading the story and clearly she loves to dance! I thought you chose the correct topic to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Josh. I like to use of the quotes, it helps to bring the story along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Josh!! You did an excellent job focusing on just one topic. I really liked your lead. It got us interested in the story right away. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, but I think your image is broken.

    ReplyDelete