Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My first day at Anoka-Ramsey

I vaguely remember my first day at Anoka-Ramsey Community College. It was the Fall semester of 2008. My first class was weight training, and I took this with my best friend from High School. The first day we just went over the syllabus in the gym and finished with that, which allowed me time to wander the college and get a better feel for the place.

The rest of the day I don't really remember, except that I forgot that one of my classes only started in the second half of the semester. I and a few other students in the class sat in the room and waited naively for the teacher, complaining that she was late. Then, a counselor stopped in and informed us that the class didn't start for several more weeks...

5 comments:

  1. Josh,
    Sounds like an interesting first day of school. I also took weight training. Did you have Quaschnick? I had her and I really liked her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is weight training a typical first class? I don't think I could lift much but it must satisfy one of the health requirements, right? I'm into the whole holistic form of the health area, you can even learn to hypnotize people in those classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started fall semester of 2008 as well. I should get involved in a weight training class. I took it in high school but never thought to do it in college. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grade: 8.5/10
    Mistakes
    • These words did not need to be capitalized because they aren't proper names: fall, high school
    *Good work spelling out Anoka-Ramsey and including the hypen! I find that most people don't know the correct punctuation for the college name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I did have Quaschnick also. She did a good job with the class.
    And the class is basically going at your own pace and seeing how much you improve over the semester. People from all ages and strengths took it.

    ReplyDelete